The WTC is committed to supporting the Local Transportation Industry and its members by helping build a stronger and better-educated workforce by partnering with Local Students and Post-Secondary Educational Institutions, through scholarship opportunities for deserving candidates.
This Scholarship Program will operate separately and independently from the current endowment scholarship programs already in place with the University of Windsor and St. Clair College.
The Objectives of the WTC Scholarship Program are to:
• Promote higher learning in the Transportation Industry
• Increase Awareness of the opportunities that are available, within the Transportation Industry, to Students as they prepare to enter the Workforce
• Support the Children and/or Grandchildren of the WTC’s Members or Corporate Members’ Employees in achieving higher learning designations
• To grow the scholarship program, through fundraising, to allow for expansion of the program.
The goal is to offer multiple students the opportunity to receive financial assistance through the Scholarship Program. Currently, the WTC will offer Scholarship Opportunities in the following categories:
• The WTC Membership Award – Available to a Child or Grandchild of a Member or Employee of a Corporate Member with 1 year Seniority. The field of study for this award is open to any area and does not require a connection to the Transportation industry.
• University of Windsor – Available to any qualifying student entering into their 3rd or 4th year of the following programs:
A. Under Graduate Program- Bachelor of Business with a Specialization in Management Science with a Focus on Logistics and Supply Chain B. Graduate Level- Master of Management with a Specialization in Logistics and Supply Chain
• St. Clair College – Available to any qualifying student entering into their 2nd year of either of the following programs:
A. International Business Management – Logistics Systems
B. Truck & Coach Technician
The Program that the Candidate is enrolled in will determine the Award that they qualify to apply for.
The WTC Membership Award:
• The Candidate must be a Child or Grandchild of a Member or Employee of a Corporate Member with 1 year Seniority as of the application deadline. A Letter of employment from the Corporate Member Company certifying permanent full time employment of Parent or Grandparent, signed by an officer of the member company must be provided with the application.
• Open to Students Entering or Continuing in Post-Secondary Education in any field of study.
University of Windsor – Supply Chain & Logistics Program Award:
• Available to any qualifying student entering into their 3rd or 4th year of this program.
St. Clair College – International Freight Forwarding or Truck & Coach Program:
• Available to any qualifying student entering into their 2nd year of either of these programs.
All awards will be based upon:
- Scholastic Achievements
- Professional Interest
- Personal Character
- Degree Program
- Financial Need
All Decisions of the Windsor Transportation Club and its Scholarship Committee will be final.
Scholarship Application click link below: